Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Jack Outside Adventures

Jack's outside time has been cut down:

One it is cold out first thing in the morning and he doesn't like to get his butt and paws cold. So I let him out and try to grab breakfast, only to find him back inside and looking at me to close the door and stop letting the cold inside.

Oh let me say, we did have a grand adventure Monday night, I knew better but Jack wanted to go outside and he usually sits on the front porch so I did not think much about the fact that it gets darker earlier now(jack is brave when it is dark). So I went to bring him in, only to have him zig when I zagged and off he went, Granted he always comes back, but we have a couple new neighbors who don't seem to know that 50 is not the speed to go through our neighborhood. I did not have shoes on and I was not going to leave the door open. So by the time I caught up, Jack was half way to the mail box. I also have to state, that I would not mind his adventures, if he was no meowing the whole time, like he is lost. maybe he is hoping to find one of his own kind and doesn't want them to miss him, but for me it is embarrassing as the good souls of my neighborhood come out to help the poor lost kitty and there I am apparently also in distress. And true to form, Jack winds up waiting on the front porch waiting to me, since it is not kosher for me to take jack's behind the bushes route and scare the neighbors.

So yesterday afternoon, I was going out to Sandy Valley to a party at Kimberly's and Jims house, so I decided to let Jack out while I got ready. It was really nice out so I left the door wide open so I can see Jack and he was laying out in the sun. All of a sudden he got up, and I thought Vanessa(neighbor girl) was home from School and he was going to greet her, so I moving to the door, but not too worried, only to have Jack come zipping past me, and discover that no it was not Vanessa, but a dog who was thrilled to get to chase a cat. He was on a leash and his owner was very sorry, but all I could do was laugh. Poor Jack, he was so excited to see something his size that was animal and so shocked to discover it was a dog and not another cat. talk about disappointed and then discusted. Nothing like a cat scorned, it worked in my favor, because he did not want to go back outside and I was able to leave with out much guilt. Granted when I got home last night, he was more than ready to go back outside and give it another try. But I learned my lesson, dark outside, leash goes on, so at least jack will belly crawl and much easier to catch.

No comments: